Susie Moore – Five Minutes to Famous Free Download
Get noticed, skyrocket your reputation, and attract new clients by becoming your own publicist
There’s nothing else that can change your professional game like a big media feature.
But to most people, media is an elusive unicorn. The publishing world is this mystical kingdom where raving fans and “expert” reputations are handed out like organic lip balm on Oprah’s “Favorite Things” episode. The glittery, golden media opportunities lie behind closed doors and you need killer credentials or VIP connections to pass through.
YOU DREAM OF SEEING YOUR NAME IN PRINT WHILE YOU’RE STUCK DOWN ON EARTH, IN A REALITY WHERE:
- You’re awesome at what you do, but nobody knows about you
- You start each month dry, without a clue where your next client will come from
- You have an email list but no one’s joining and/or
- The only time people do notice you is when you pay out the nose for pricey social media ads
You know high-profile publicity can bring hundreds or thousands of new leads straight to your business. Elevate your reputation and take your visibility to the next level. Position you as an in-demand star in your field — that clients are fighting to pay premium prices for.
(Not to mention make your frenemies who think you’re nuts for starting a biz finally admit you’re legit.)
But…you have no idea how to get high-profile Publicity
So you dream about that faraway kingdom and don’t actually DO anything about it.
Sound familiar? Oh, my love, I feel you. I’ve sat right where you are, scrolling through my Facebook feed, seeing other people’s names in big media outlets and feeling…well…jealous and bitter.
I mean, let’s be honest, right? When you see other people in your field getting press, getting industry famous, and getting tons of clients, it makes you kind of crazy. It’s so hard when you know you have the goods but no one knows about you yet.
When I stopped dreaming and started taking action to get major press for my business, everything changed.
And I’m not using that as a figure of speech. I mean everything changed…
Media isn’t just about getting famous. It’s about getting results.
“Susie runs circles around the rest of us and makes it look easy. For someone so accomplished to open up so candidly is an opportunity for the rest of us to learn and one we shouldn’t miss.”
– LIBBY KANE
Did you know that you can build your business (I’m talking dollars in the bank and clients in the door) just by sharing your message in a bigger way? Or that you can have an inbox full of new leads who are happy to pay every penny of your fee, simply because they saw you in their favorite media outlet?
Or that you can become an overnight rock star in your field from just ONE media opportunity? …And that it costs exactly $0 to land big media spots?!?
Once your big story is published, you get to keep that cred FOREVER as well as share it again and again. (And thanks to syndication and social media, your article will keep circulating to infinity and beyond.)
By sharing your expertise in the media, you can speak to a warm audience full of your ideal clients and customers… all you need is a laptop and an internet connection.
This isn’t a bunch of inflated promises that don’t actually pan out in real life. This is what actually happened in my business.
I’LL TELL YOU EXACTLY HOW I BUILT MY BUSINESS TO MULTIPLE SIX FIGURES BY SCORING FEATURES IN Forbes, Marie Claire, AND THE Today SHOW BEFORE ANYBODY KNEW MY NAME IN A HOT MINUTE.
But first, you should know that to leverage the media to get noticed, skyrocket your credibility, and attract new clients to your business…
- You don’t need to be a “writer”
- You don’t need an expensive PR team, and
- You don’t need a big name, a single media connection, OR the keys to a magical unicorn kingdom
You can achieve the media placements you’re dreaming of from exactly where you are right now.
Here’s the big secret PR agencies + experts don’t want you to know…
Your favorite magazine, TV show, or blog? It runs on fresh content. It’s what keeps the publication alive.
Editors are constantly looking for expert talent. They’re scouring the internet searching for go-to people who can make their jobs a little easier, by…
- Sharing personal stories that speak to their audiences
- Weighing in on hot, of-the-moment topics
- Answering industry questions their readers are dying to know
WHEN YOU CAN GIVE EDITORS EXACTLY WHAT THEIR BOSSES WANT THEM TO PUBLISH, THEY’LL NOT ONLY SHARE YOUR STORY, THEY’LL COME BACK TO YOU AGAIN AND AGAIN FOR MORE.
The media industry can’t survive without people who share their stories, insight, voices, experiences, and advice. That’s what journalism is: free expression. We’re lucky enough to have it exist — so let’s start taking advantage of it, yes?
Here’s the Truth
REGULAR PEOPLE JUST LIKE YOU AND ME ARE GETTING PUBLISHED IN BIG NAME OUTLETS EVERY DAY.
They’re not “experts”. And they’re sure as heck not journalists. They’re simply people with the tenacity to share their voices with the world.
Here’s the proof-filled pudding…
I have “expert” articles in Forbes, Time, Inc., the BBC, Entrepreneur, and Business Insider… without a college degree or a coaching certificate. (I dropped out of my NYU coaching program when I realized I didn’t need it.)
“Having a sense of meaning and purpose is key to a thriving life. Susie Moore not only helps you discover your own purpose, but offers a practical guide to making it the driving force in your life and work.”
Founder of The Huffington Post and Thrive Global
I grew my email list by over 29,000 in nine months from press that has led readers back to my website and landing pages. (In fact, I’ve even been paid thousands of dollars by big-name publications who want me to share my “expertise” with their audiences…making media one of the only ways to get paid to generate leads!)
I was featured on the Today show without a media kit, professional headshots, or fancy press releases.
I’m a weekly columnist for Greatist without having a writing background.
I was invited by Arianna Huffington to be an Editor at Large at Thrive Global without any journalism training.
I interviewed celebrities for Marie Claire magazine without a celebrity Rolodex.
I’ve been in national print, online, and televised media placements…without knowing a single soul in the media world when I started out. I’ve been featured in:
EVEN THOUGH I’M NOT A MEDIA PROFESSIONAL (AND MAYBE BECAUSE I’M NOT A MEDIA PROFESSIONAL) PEOPLE COME TO ME WHEN THEY WANT THE FAST TRACK TO GETTING PUBLISHED.
Industry leaders like online marketing experts Jeff Walker and Jasmine Star, high-performance coach Todd Herman, and publicity coach Selena Soo have invited me to teach how to leverage the media at their speaking events.
It’s a running joke among my friends that I’m not actually qualified for anything I do.
So if you’ve been telling yourself you need more education, qualifications, or connections before you can score big PR wins…
Stop right now. (Thank you very much.)
I started with nothing. And in less than three years, I’ve achieved everything I just shared with you.
So trust me when I say you’ve already got everything you need to get big press for your business. No matter how small it is (as in, just you — even a part time, Side-Hustling you)!
Think you need a publicist for these kind of results? Think again.
People ask me all the time who my publicity team is. And they’re floored when I tell them I do it myself. Because I’m not a professional publicist. Not even close. Some people want to work with a pro publicist and that’s cool. A great PR team can surely help you land awesome media opportunities.
BUT THE REALITY OF WORKING WITH PUBLICISTS IS THAT:
- They’re expensive, man — you’ll pay $10-12K/month for private services or thousands of dollars for one online course
- You’re limited to their networks — most publicists focus on a few key publications and have relationships with only select editors
- They have lots of other clients — they may have to spread their “favors” and opportunities out, meaning you might not get their best media spots
Plus, your publicist is like a broker. They introduce you to their media contacts, but they don’t teach YOU how to stand on your own two feet.
So you have to keep paying them if you want the good stuff. That means you’ll always be dependent on your publicist for your big publicity wins.
The reason I advocate being your own publicist is that I don’t like being dependent on anyone else. That’s the whole reason we started our own businesses, right?
SO LET’S TALK ABOUT HOW YOU CAN CONTROL YOUR MEDIA EXPOSURE…
When you know how to be your own publicist, you can approach any editor, about any topic, at any time.
You can make the most of every single media opportunity by getting more social shares, more eyeballs on your story, and more potential clients reading your work.
You can keep all the relationships you build with editors, producers, and other key media contacts. Opportunities that open up years from now will come straight to YOU, and not a PR firm who may or may not share them with you!
If this sounds too good to be true, remember that I’m not promising some fantasy here. This is what I’ve already done in my own business.
If I have one major strength as a business owner, it’s that I’m not afraid to try. Over the years, I’ve tried everything I could think of to get published. And I’ll be honest, I succeeded a very, very small percentage of the time.
But once I figured out the magic formula that worked, I covered it in gasoline and lit it on fire. With each new opportunity, I refined my process further. And I eventually developed a simple system that anyone can use to get big-name press for their brand.
When you look at the list of where I’ve been published, you can’t deny that this system works. And I can’t wait to share it with you.
Get noticed, skyrocket your reputation, and attract new clients by becoming your own publicist
Five Minutes to Famous is a results-focused program to help you land media opportunities that grow your business, even if…
- You’re not a writer
- You have zero experience being interviewed on video or in print
- You don’t have insider connections to the publishing industry
- You think you’re too shy, young, new, old, fat, ugly, boring, inexperienced, or [[insert any other bogus, negative things we tell ourselves]] to ever get published
POP THE VEUVE IN THE FRIDGE AND COME WITH ME, MY FRIEND. WE’RE ABOUT TO GET YOU YOUR FIRST BIG MEDIA FEATURE.
What’s the “Pay In Full” Bonus?
GREAT question! So, if you pay in full (one-time payment of $997), then you’ll also get, for FREE, 3 monthly group coaching calls live and direct with me! This is an amazing opportunity to bounce your pitches, article ideas or strategies off me, as well as participate in hot seats.
For the record, my 1:1 coaching clients pay me well over $1,500/hour, so this is the biggest steal you may ever find!
HOW DOES Five Minutes to Famous WORK?
Five Minutes to Famous is your plan of attack to go from:
- Being the best-kept secret in your industry
- Having little to no writing or media experience
- Not using the media to help grow your business or reputation
- Getting recognized as an expert with features in big-name publications
- Getting features that can grow your email list by hundreds or thousands a pop
- Hearing from people who can’t wait to work with you after discovering you
- Meeting influencers and having industry icons and thought leaders sharing your work and insights
As for the “five minutes” part of the program?
THE MATERIAL IS BROKEN DOWN INTO TINY CHUNKS THAT YOU CAN TACKLE IN FIVE MINUTES OR LESS.
I landed my first big media placements while working a demanding full-time job and building my coaching business on the side.
As a busy entrepreneur, I know you don’t have time to be your own full-time PR team. This program gives you targeted action steps to get you published quickly and effectively.
Sound like a dream? Here’s how we do it…
♦ What’s included?
I’m not a fan of complicated. So I designed Five Minutes to Famous to be elegantly simple — only the most essential steps you need to get published are included.
Because the less you have to do, the more likely you’ll be to actually DO IT and get your name out there!
The program includes 5 easy-to-consume video modules and 4 proven-to-work scripts to get you featured in the media.
Oh, and — because people always ask this — you do not need to live in a big city like NYC or LA for this system to work its media magic. We have people in the program from over 30 countries. All of the strategies in Five Minutes to Famous are virtual and can be successfully applied from anywhere in the world. You won’t need a face-to-face meeting to get your first big feature!
You know how I said this program only includes the essentials?
Clearly defining your brand is ESSENTIAL. It’s not an optional step, my friend — you must have a clear identity and messaging to guide the rest of your strategy. Otherwise, you’ll be pitching topics that don’t align with your brand, which leads to missing the mark on your business goals.
IN MODULE 1, YOU’LL LEARN HOW TO:
- Create your core brand messaging to guide each and every message you share
- Develop specific areas of expertise, a strong viewpoint, and a compelling, unforgettable voice
- Confidently describe why editors should choose you over everyone else — the critical foundation for your rejection-proof pitch!
- Pinpoint topics that bring massive attention from media, press, and readers
- Position yourself as an expert in your field, so editors and readers alike seek your opinion
The Money Spot
Seeing your name in the press is cool and all, but we’re building your business, not just your ego.
This module is about getting strategic with your media placements so your press gets results (to the tune of list growth, clients, and sales). Plus, you’ll learn how the heck to make that important editor connection that will take your business to the next level.
TOGETHER, WE’LL MAP OUT:
- A detailed description of your dream clients, students, and subscribers…so you can create the exact content they’re looking for
- A hit list of the local, national, and niche publications that your ideal clients are reading and are consistent with your brand
- How to find the contact information for editors at big publications, even if you don’t have a single media contact. (This is worth its weight in gold — you can’t pitch editors if you don’t know where to find them!)
- Which media and publications drive real results for your biz and which don’t. (Bet you’ll be as surprised as I was when I learned this.)
- How to supercharge your SEO by choosing publications that provide high-quality backlinks to your website
Before you get to touch the masses with your message, you’ve got to get an editor to say “yes” to the idea.
That’s where your pitch comes in. After years of pitching editors (and admittedly making a bunch of mistakes along the way,) I know the exact way to structure your pitch to get approved by even the most competitive media outlets. Together, we’ll craft what to say to get the attention of big players in the wild, noisy world of publishing.
IN THIS MODULE, YOU’LL DISCOVER:
- How to effectively pitch any editor in any niche on any topic
- My strategy to never run out of stand-out story angles and irresistible topics that editors at places like Huffington Post, Business Insider, and Shape magazine can’t get enough of
- How to piggyback on trends in the zeitgeist to make your pitch even more enticing to editors
- Polite-but-assertive follow up strategies to get a “yes!” response from busy editors…without becoming an annoying stalker
- My unique “Laddering Up” sales technique to leverage each media feature to get more and bigger publications to approve your pitches. (Bonus: you can apply this same strategy to land more and bigger clients, more and bigger speaking gigs…the opportunities are endless!)
Your pitch was approved!! Pop, fizz…wait. Before we can celebrate, you’ve got to write that article!
Because if you don’t submit a killer article that fulfills the promise of your pitch, your piece will never get published. Follow this simple system to create an editor-approved article that leads readers to your website like hipsters to a deconstructed latte. No previous writing skills required!
- The 5 simple elements your article must include to get published in print or online
- How to write a story that hooks interest, gets tons of clicks, and makes readers take the next step with your business
- Productivity hacks to make the writing process easy, fun, and fast (I bang out my articles in 45 minutes flat!)
- Concrete ways to generate new business by writing in a way that makes readers fall in love with you
- How to optimize your website to take advantage of all the traffic your guest posts will be sending you
The Wildfire Factor
You think you wrote 600 words with your article? You didn’t — you wrote 600,000 words…if you know how to use and promote it the right way. This module is about maximizing every media spot, stretching every word, and fanning the flames to watch your message spread and reputation shoot to the stars.
MODULE 5 IS ALL ABOUT:
- Your Post-Publish Checklist of the promotional activities to do once your article goes live so that everyone sees it
- The syndication secrets that lead to thousands of likes, shares, and comments — and millions of views — on your articles
- How to 10x your content by repurposing it on your blog, as part of a book, or in a paid program or course…with integrity and permission
- My “Topic Remix Method” to re-engineer your most successful published articles to pitch to new media outlets (to save time writing new content and brainstorming new topics)
- How to build powerful relationships the right way to become every editor’s go-to person in your industry for future press opportunities
- The million-view trick to get your work shared by influencers who are happy to spread the word, if you know how to work it! I’ve had my work shared by Paulo Coelho (author of The Alchemist), Arianna Huffington, Tony Robbins, Kris Jenner, Steven Pressfield, and Dave Asprey (founder of Bulletproof Coffee) using this strategy — some of the coolest moments of my life!
Your 4 Proven-to-Work Scripts
CLUELESS OVER WHAT TO SAY IN YOUR WRITER BIO, PITCH, FOLLOW-UP EMAILS, OR CALL-TO-ACTION?
Don’t sweat, pet. All you’ve got to do is fill in the blanks of these battle-tested scripts to create your own irresistible copy. These scripts are based on a combination of what’s proven to work and what I know editors like to receive.
Your Memorable Bio
Your writer bio needs to give editors and readers a taste of what you’re all about…in only a handful of characters. Use this script for a bio that’s professional, memorable, and completely YOU.
Your Perfect Pitch
I’ve used this pitch to successfully land media placements in Oprah.com, Huffington Post, Marie Claire, Forbes, Business Insider, and the Today show. With this script, you’ll pitch like a PR pro and spin your story in a way that editors can’t refuse.
Your Polite Follow Up
Editors are some of the busiest people on the planet. So if you don’t hear back after pitching, don’t give up! Use this script to keep the ball rolling in a polite way until you get your “heck yes!”
Your Captivating Shirttail
Your shirttail is the snappy call-to-action copy at the end of your article that makes readers want to take the next step. You’ll get the proven shirttail script to drive major traffic to your site or offer, so you’ll never miss the opportunity for new leads again.
Private Facebook Community
Want to jam on your content ideas and test-drive your pitch? Your wish is my command!
Inside the private Five Minutes to Famous Facebook community, you’ll connect with me and my team to get targeted feedback on any stumbling blocks that come up along your path to getting published. I’m in there – LIVE! – all the time.
Plus, you’ll also have a gold mine in the network of other FM2F students. You can discover secrets of what works best, share tried-and-true tips, and hey, maybe even score hard-to-find editor contact info from other students!
How To Land Your Favorite Podcast
You know what else is cool and a perfect guest post compliment? Podcast exposure!
My friend and podcast expert (hello over 8 million downloads!) Farnoosh Torabi of So Money breaks it down for us, step by step. Who to pitch. What to say. How to access even the biggest, best podcasts using these top secret tips and tricks!
Where will I be hearing you first?!
Exclusive Look Inside the Publishing Industry
EXPERT INTERVIEW SERIES WITH BEST IN CLASS EDITORS
Plus more… additional interviews added regularly! And you have lifetime access to all of every single one. I sit down with my beloved editors and good friends and ask them the burning questions non-PR peeps like us really want to know!
- LYNYA FLOYD, FAMILY CIRCLE MAGAZINE
(Glamour, Seventeen, Essence, Parenting, Money Magazine, Fitness Magazine)
- ADAM AURIEMMA AT MONEY MAGAZINE
(The New Yorker, Daily Beast, Wall Street Journal)
- ANDREA HUSPENI AT ENTREPRENEUR
- JESS NOVAK AT GREATIST
- EMILY LAURENCE AT WELL+GOOD
(Senior Food+Health Editor)
In these bonus interviews, our top-notch editors gives you the inside scoop on topics like:
- How to really stand out and get featured, fast
- What they look for in people just like you and me – and how we can best show up
- The differences between pitching a print and digital editor
- How to convey expertise in both the pitch and your writing/media appearance without going overboard
- How to consistently come up with good ideas that attract a lot of attention
This is insight you’ll never get unless you know a media industry insider. We could easily charge a lotta dough for this kind of access. But you’ll get this sassy peek behind the curtain FREE when you join us for Five Minutes to Famous today!
This is NOT a traditional PR course!
In case you’re scanning and missed the part above where I said “I’m not a professional publicist,” just wanna reiterate…
I’m not a professional publicist! (Or journalist. Or writer.) I’m just a gal like you who wanted to grow my one person business for free – quickly and with profit from the get-go.
You won’t find fancy PR jargon inside Five Minutes to Famous. You won’t learn how to make a sparkly media kit or write a smooth-as-buttah press release. And I won’t show you how to design a perfectly optimized content calendar. For one reason…
You don’t actually need those things to get published!
I didn’t have any of them (and still don’t) and it hasn’t held me back one smidge. And, seeing as I’ve been featured in places that even some top publicists can’t access, I’m confident in saying you don’t need ‘em either! #justsaying
Five Minutes to Famous cuts out all the unnecessary distractions. We zero in on the strategies that are proven to work to get you PUBLISHED, already!
THE STRATEGIES INSIDE THE PROGRAM HAVE HELPED ME GAIN:
- OVER 29,000 new email subscribers in under 12 months without relying on Facebook ads
- A fully booked one-on-one COACHING BUSINESS
- An invitation to be an EDITOR AT LARGE at Thrive Global, from Arianna Huffington herself
- SPEAKING OPPORTUNITIES at online marketing events, on the floor of the New York Stock Exchange, and in Facebook live streams at Family Circle, Greatist, Business Insider and Entrepreneur Magazine
- Requests to be GUESTS ON PODCASTS from entrepreneurs such as Melyssa Griffin and Farnoosh Torabi
- The credibility to charge PREMIUM PRICES (and by premium, I mean my coaching is $1,500+/hour) without my clients batting an eye
- TONS OF INDUSTRY CRED AND CONNECTIONS to influencers. My reputation has connected me with industry insiders who have since become business collaborators, affiliate partners, and good friends!
- A #1 international bestselling book that turned into an amazing BOOK DEAL! (And I wrote that book largely by repurposing articles I’d already written for Marie Claire, so it was a snap.)
- SOCIAL SHARES of my articles by big influencers
Remember, even though I’m not a professional publicist — and probably because I’m not a professional publicist — people come to me when they want the fast track to getting big media mentions.
I’ve been asked to speak on the topic of getting published at events hosted by Jeff Walker, Todd Herman, and Selena Soo.
Oh, and one more reason me not being a professional publicist works out in your favor?
Five Minutes to Famous doesn’t come with the hefty 5+ figure price tag of most other PR courses out there. Yet it will get you the same results…if not better results, because you’ll actually start DOING instead of just planning.
A little bit about me…
I have a lot of titles: life coach, writer, speaker, bestselling author, and advisor to startups. But mostly, I help entrepreneurs grow profitable businesses and enjoy their lives along the way. I started my coaching business as a side hustle, while working a full-time job as a Fortune 500 Sales Director. I decided early on that my coaching biz had to be self-sufficient, rather than a grossly expensive hobby.
I needed a fast way to grow my audience, reach potential clients, and establish myself as an expert…that didn’t cost me a dime.
So I got to work as my own publicist! My first approved piece was for MindBodyGreen and I used that to leverage more and better media opportunities. I learned that in the publishing world, momentum begets momentum. The more you’re seen, the more people want. And the rest is history, man! Media is the foundation of success in my biz.
Five Minutes to Famous is the system I’ve personally used to get featured in outlets like Marie Claire, The Huffington Post, the BBC, MindBodyGreen, the Today show, Forbes, Business Insider, and more.
It’s the framework that experts like Jeff Walker, Todd Herman, Jasmine Star, and Selena Soo have asked me to share with their audiences, to help them get published in big-name media outlets.